Here we set out how we will treat your personal information.
We use the personal information that you provide in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, to allow you to use the services offered by QuoteOnSite. We do not release details to anyone else.
1. The information we collect.
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information that you provide to register with us.
- about your computer and use of this website.
- information that you provide to us to use our website.
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Cookies are small files of information which are stored on your computer or mobile device. Cookies remember data to improve the user experience. Information is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date. For more information about what cookies are and how they work, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our payment services providers may also send you cookies.
3. What do we do with your information.
We may use your personal information to:
- deliver the website.
- facilitate your use of the services.
- to collect payments.
- email you general communications;
- phone you to offer demo or assist with website use.
- send you email notifications from within the app;
- generate general statistical information about our users to help us understand how the site is used. This will not identify any individual user.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- we will not without your consent provide your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing.
Your privacy rights
GDPR gives you more rights and control over your data. These include: the right to request what personal data we hold on you, the right to be forgotten, the right to data portability, and the right to have information updated. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You can withdraw your consent for us to store your personal data at any time. To do this, cancel your account by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Security and accuracy of your personal data.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
The web site is encrypted, but as data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping up-to-date your personal information. your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
5. Sharing Your Information.
We may disclose information about you:
- as required to do so by the laws of England & Wales.
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.
- to a prospective purchaser
7. Third party websites.
If in the future, the website links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites. Click on links at your own risk, although we will never intentionally compromise your system or details.
Create professional quotes.
No payment details required. Create your first quote in minutes.